Friday, March 14, 2008

Get iphone to work on Alltel service!?

And it is w/o a service contract, can I use it with a phone service that is not Cingular? I have Alltel, and my dad won't let me switch my service b/c I'm on a contract with them, that won't end for another year. I'm either asking for an iPhone w/ Cingular or just the iPhone (and not use the phone part, and wait until i can switch my service) for Christmas. Or I might just get a Macbook Pro! Anyway, your input is wanted, THANKS! No, you can not...Cingular has sims cards for ipod phones...They will soon finish their exclusive contract with cingular, and they will become available to all carrier, just like the Razor did few years back.


just wait cuz there going to come out with NEW iphone nexy year!!


As long as you have a sim card and it is the same size of sim card that fits iPhones. I have one! Amazing phone go for it!And as for them coming out with new ones next year, so is every other phone company for the rest of our lives. Splurge when you want, nothings changing.
nope they have an exclusive with AT&T (formerly Cingular)-- May want to wait for the next generation, still too new and has some kinks I hear.


Look up iPhones on engadget.com. You'll find out all of the manical tactics apple has been forcing on poor unsuspecting iPhone buyers. You CAN use the iPhone on other GSM systems. I forget if Alltel has GSM, I know they have CDMA, like Sprint and Verizon. But some carriers may support both. I would hold off on any iPhone purchase. Wait until Cingular and Apple's unholy alliance is over before even thinking of it.

No comments: